Coworking is a style of work that involves a shared working environment, yet independent activity. Unlike the typical office environment, a coworking space is generally shared by individuals from different organizations and professions.
What is Coworking?
This style of work is attractive to creative types, entrepreneurs, independent contractors, work-at-home professionals, and people who travel frequently and end up working in relative isolation. It provides independent workers a place to get work done, meet clients and professionally “show up,” both mentally and physically. Coworking also provides a social environment where individuals can work independently while still being part of a community of talented individuals with shared values and synergy.This style of work is attractive to creative types, entrepreneurs, independent contractors, work-at-home professionals, and people who travel frequently and end up working in relative isolation. It provides independent workers a place to get work done, meet clients and professionally “show up,” both mentally and physically. Coworking also provides a social environment where individuals can work independently while still being part of a community of talented individuals with shared values and synergy.
With the 2008 downturn in the economy many people decided to create their own job vs. waiting for the “recovery”. Others have found that working for someone else is frustrating, unfulfilling, or just doesn’t fit their personality and goals.
- If you work at home, you know the cons. Sometimes it can feel isolating or distracting. Receiving all your business mail at your home means you are giving your home address out to anyone who asks, and separating work from home life is a challenge.
- Some looking for a sense of community turn to working from coffee shops – which often means fighting for a table, begging someone for a plug, or being distracted by a group of noisy teens sitting next to you.
- Coworking gives you a professional space where you can be more productive… and potentially more prosperous. Another benefit is, it is inherently more economically sustainable, and shared resources means that it’s more eco-friendly.
- Coworkers can also take advantage of meeting and conference rooms to do conduct professional meetings and workshops.
- Finally, coworking allows members to network and connect with a like-minded group of people for ideas, feedback, and resources.
- One other important point… we are increasingly living in a world where, although we feel connected (thanks to social media channels), we’re actually very isolated and therefore many people are feeling a sense of loneliness and depression rates are skyrocketing.
What Research says about CO-WORKING concept?
- 92% are satisfied with their CO-WORKING space.
- 91% have better interactions with other while working in CO-WORKING.
- 90% crowd said they felt more confident while working in Co-working.
- 78% of CO-WORKERS are under 40.Which proves that this concept is very popular among young generation and they are liking it.
- 70% reported they felt healthier while working in CO-WORKING space than working in traditional office seating.
- ONLY 22% people says that they are happy working in traditional office seating.
- 64% of CO-WORKERS are better able to complete their task on time.
- 60% are more relaxed at home while working in CO-WORKING.
- 50% reported high income while working in CO-WORKING.
- 91% have better interactions with others after working in CO-WORKING. The Rise of the Independent Workforce
Currently 30% of U.S. knowledge-based workers are independent (freelancers, consultants, entrepreneurs). This figure is projected to reach 60% by 2020.
Free / Subsidized Workstations
yoffices services has recently ventured into providing incubation services to start ups. A limited number of seats are availablet to prospective start ups after evolution of their product development as well as business plan. The number of seats per start ups will be offered for a set time period in lieu of a minority equity transfer or gaurantee of future lease of space and or a combination of the above on a case to case basis.
Apply for Free / Subsidized station by filling form below :